Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Guidance

Guidance
I am an old spirit,
I have waged war and lost many battles,
I have shifted design and intent through cultures and environment.
What has called me out before, beckons yet again.
I am broken through idealistic restraint.
Resurrect me Native America, the drum and the flute fan my flame.
Glimpses of Celtic Borders bar my way.
The first life giving and purposeful,
The other wafts sporadically, a storm front.
Ancestral traits, not visible,
Treasure troves of desire smitten with confusion,
Promises of completeness scattering like ashes where they may be lost forever.
No, hope still lingers on spirit wings.
Carry them above to Great Mystery.
All medicines gather to mend this tired shattered spirit.
No more senseless battles,
Healing is my friend and sight my glory,
A blessed gift for the great of all seekers.
I'm hearing, I'm seeing, I'm reaching.
I am an old spirit but my work is not done.

I wrote this many years ago, right about the time I made the decision to begin my journey, to find my path.
By: Lady Kiya

No comments:

Post a Comment